September 18, 2020
Dear Stratfield Families,
We had another amazing week at Stratfield! The staff is working so hard to plan and prepare both virtual and live lessons. We thank you so much for supporting our efforts!! I wanted to update you all on a few items as we head into the weekend:
• Technology: All families that have requested devices in the hybrid program have received these devices. When the chrome books come in for grades 3-5, we will swap out these devices for these students. o The district is implementing support for Always Remote Learners at RLMS on school days from 9:30 – 2:00 PM by swapping and delivering devises to always remote learners.
o Hybrid students’ families should contact me if they need a device. If you are having issues with devices, please contact Carolyn Matthews.
• Open House: Our Open House this year will be on September 29th. This will be a virtual event. Staff will be creating prerecorded videos to share with their classes and families. Specialists and special education teachers will also create a video to share which will be compiled in a Padlet that will be sent to all families. In addition to this, staff will have two - 20-minute Q & A sessions for parents. These will be from 6:00 – 6:20 PM and from 6:20 – 6:40 PM on September 29th. More details will follow next week regarding virtual codes.
• Conferences: Virtual parent conferences will be held on Sept. 8th, 13th, and 14th. We will send home information on scheduling these conferences next week.
• Safety Drills: We had 2 fire drills this week. One for the AM cohort and one for the PM cohort. Students did a phenomenal job with following the procedures for exiting the building safely and quietly, and all students continued to follow the safety precautions of social distancing and mask wearing.
• Playground use during school time: During the school day, 8:45 AM– 3:30 PM, families will not be allowed to utilize the playground/playscape in the front and back of the school. Even though our K-5 students are not at school during the 11:30 AM – 12:45 PM time frame, our preschool students are here and utilizing those areas. We appreciate your cooperation with this as we provide a safe and enjoyable space for our Pre-K students.
That is all for now. Thank you again for partnering with us during this ever changing time. I hope you all enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend!